Thursday, July 2, 2015

Off to Kingsbury, Texas

What do you think of Jon's new Softail? I had never ridden a Harley before, so when he sent me a picture and said I could come visit and ride his bike I immediately turned him down! I have never have riden anyone else's bike and especially since it was new and beautiful, I would never forgive myself if anything happened to it. Well, Jon reassured me, so I asked Norma to load the gear and bring it when she drove down to Austin. 
We mostly packed up the RV on Friday night and at 5am the alarm went off and we were on the road to Visit Jon and Lisa, off we went. We arrived at 7 am. On schedule. I had never ridden with my feet extended out to the forward pegs before. But really liked the body position and the nice seat that provided great lumbar support. The bike had tons of torque and was a blast to drive. Norma rode on back and we had a great time. 



Jon and Lisa had a wonderful farm and more exciting adventures for us to enjoy. 

                         

First a beautiful motorcycle ride through the hill country. 






A view of the running water at Sequin Power Plant. 





Oh, Jon saved a turtle crossing the road! Poor thing tried to run before Jon picked it up! Turtle is safe and sound!





At their farm we enjoyed cow's, their calfs and being away from the city. Real quiet at night. Nature at it best! 











The enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the Cottonseed Cafe and Deli in Martingale, Texas. They have great homemade entrees and fabulous desert. 
















1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures and a wonderful story. I am glad we were part of it. Come again. Jon & Lisa

    ReplyDelete